HISTORICAL RESTORATIONS FOUNDATION

A NON-PROFIT 501c3 CORPORATION - 'Making God's Houses Whole Again'

HOME | RESTORATION | RECEMENTING | IMAGE GALLERY | PROJECT LIST | COVERINGS | PHILOSOPHY | BOOK | PRESS | ABOUT US | CONTACT

 

 

Historical Restorations Foundation is an IRS approved and registered 501c3 Not-for-Profit corporation with a mandate that allows us to provide stained glass restoration services to Churches, Public Buildings, Historical Landmarks, and other 501c3 organizations within New York State.

Historical Restorations Foundation is a "Working Foundation", meaning that we do charge these organizations for our stained glass restoration services- but only for Labor, Materials, Overhead, other pertinent Costs, and Insurances.

The Foundation, headed by Mr. Edward Dehors, is dedicated to preserving the historical integrity of ecclesiastical stained/leaded glass by using strictly traditional restoration practices and historically accurate materials to restore your stained glass art to it's exactingly original condition- regardless of it's present condition!!

We take the "Fat" out of the equation and concentrate on historically accurate stained glass restoration, with the finest quality in workmanship

For details on how a complete restoration / releading is done CLICK HERE

Mr. Dehors learned his trade during the 70's from Stanley Worden of the former Henry Keck Studio, Syracuse, NY and Henry McClean of the Caldermac Studios, Belfast, N. Ireland. Mr. Dehors is the author of "The Stained Glass Restoration Handbook", a book written to pass on the restoration techniques and knowledge which was passed down to him. A copy of Mr. Dehors' book, published 1991, is in the Corning Museum of Glass - Rakow Archival Library. Edward Dehors has worked in the stained glass restoration trade for over 30 years, many of these as a sub-contractor for other studios, such as Pike Stained Glass Studio in Rochester, NY, where he worked on - or completely restored hundreds of ecclesiastical stained glass windows by Keck Studios, Pike Studios, John LaFarge and Tiffany Studios as well as gothic works imported from English, Austrian, and French glass artists.

If your church or organization has a stained glass window that you think may need restoration or for a personal inspection and report CLICK HERE

 

 

Latest Projects



Click to see full size

St. Philips Episcopal Church

Norwood, NY



"The Annunciation"
A one-of-a-kind design by Harry Horwood.
Restoration completed and reinstalled November 2013.


See More...

 

Click to see full size

Parish United Methodist Church

Parish, NY



"Window Number 2"  Added 3  T-Bars to both of the 112" long panels.
Currently restoring the third of these large 1910 opalescent windows.


See More...

 

Click to see full size

Church of the Epiphany

Trumansburg, NY



Complete restoration of this beautiful painted window was completed in the Fall of 2013.


See More...



Click to see full size

Pulaski Congregational Church

Pulaski, NY



Restoration of  Franz Mayer (Munich) painted window of Madonna and Baby Jesus, circa; 1885 -  4 ft. x 13 ft. Replaced several intricately painted pieces.


See More...



Click to see full size

United Church of Madrid

Madrid, NY



We're currently restoring this beautiful window by H.J. Horwood. Project started October 2011.


See More...


Waddington Methodist Church

Waddington, NY



We've restored all of the lovely windows by H.J. Horwood circa 1915 / 1920. Project started November 2009 and finished July 2010.


See More...


Massena Emanuell Congregational
Church

Massena, NY



A fire did huge damage to this historic church. The firemen went THROUGH this lovely window by 'Horwood' which we restored from an old photograph.

Check out the "BEFORE" photo (above), and the "AFTER" photo (below).

Also check out the detailed restoration steps for this project Click Here.


See More...


HOME | RESTORATION | RECEMENTING | IMAGE GALLERY | PROJECT LIST | COVERINGS | PHILOSOPHY | BOOK | PRESS | ABOUT US | CONTACT


  Located in Martville, NY 13111 · 315-564-5058
 

top of page | © 2003 Historical Restorations Foundation